- We love to show off our new home. We are happy to set up tours for those interested. Please call the museum or e-mail us to set up a convenient time. The phone number is 541-942-5022 or our e-mail address is [email protected]. It may take a few days to respond to your call or e-mail
- Our regular business hours are: Open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday ... 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- We are run by volunteers and our admission is a $2.00 suggested donation
- If you are from out of town, have a special family event, or this is the only time you had to be here, the museum is not open; please call Craig at 541-517-3146 to see if he is available to help you.
- October 6, 2017 - Ron Lex O'Keefe will be performing, on our stage, at the Bohemia Gold Mining Museum. Ron is known for his original songs on his CD: Cottage Grove, Oregon Reflections, and many more. So many of his songs do reflect Cottage Grove's colorful past. The music begins 6:00 - 7:30 pm; admission is $2.00 per person. Come join us for a musical night of "Reflection" Songs along with some country, folk and some standards. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Lane County Historical Museum: Lost Towns Revisiting Logging Communities exhibit is on display through November 4, 2017. Travel back in time and see what life was like for working class families in Lane County through photographs, oral history, and their collection of logging tools.
Bohemia Gold Mining Museum
Located in the old Boots and Sandals Square Dance Barn (The Red Barn), just across from the Bohemia Park. The museum is a living and expanding memorial to all miners, and to the rich history of gold mining activities in the Bohemia Mining District. The museum’s collection of photographs, tools, ore samples, and other artifacts pays tribute to the area’s gold mining history. The museum is dedicated to the memory of Guy Leabo, a long-time area miner with a passion to preserve the history of the Bohemia Mining District.
Many of the artifacts in the museum were donated from his personal collection.
Guy Leabo was the former owner of the mine at Crystal Basin. He was also a mining historian and a collector of antique mining tools and equipment. A life long resident of the area, he played a significant role in helping to preserve and promote the mining culture in Cottage Grove.