- Our regular business hours are: Open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday ... 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. We are happy to set up tours for those interested. Please call the museum or e-mail us to set up a convenient time. The phone number is 541-942-5022 or our e-mail address is [email protected]. It may take a few days to respond to your call or e-mail.
- If you are here when we're not open, and can't make it during our regular hours, call Craig at 541-517-3146 to see if he is available to help you.
- We are run by volunteers and our admission is a $2.00 suggested donation.
- Looking for volunteers that love the history of the mining area here in Cottage Grove and would love to share this rich history. We are looking for loyal and enthusiastic people; we train the volunteers who normally work approximately four (4) hours each week. Please come see either Sara or Carrolle on Thursdays between 1:00 and 4:00 pm. We look forward to meeting you!
- We share our space with the Cottage Grove Historical Society. They are always welcoming guests that have questions with regards to the history of Cottage Grove. They have a collection of articles, books, photographs and resource material that explore the history of Cottage Grove and surrounding areas.
- March 3, 2018 - Lane County History Museum, 740 W 13th Avenue, Eugene, OR - Board Gane Party 2:00 - 4:00 pm - Go celebrate play with board games. Bring your own board game or try some of theirs. Fun family-friendly event for all ages. Free admission for the event.
- April, 13-15, 10`8 - Lane County History Museum, 740 W 13th Avenue, Eugene, OR - Evenings at 7:30, Sunday matinee @ 2:00 pm. Hult Center, "The Shadow/My Client Curley".
- April 17-22, 2018 - Lane County History Museum, 740 W 13th Avenue, Eugene, OR - Annual Pioneer Quilters Quilt Show Fundraiser - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm - Quilts cover our entire museum during this week including workshops and demos. Watch the Lane County History Museum web page for more information. Admission
- Caravan up to the Bohemia Mountain by the BMOA (Bohemia Mine Owners Association) during the summer: June 23. If you think you are able to join up for the caravan to learn, and see, some of the history, please call Lyn Perkins at 541-731-3687 to reserve your spot. Keep your eye on this page in case the date changes.
- July 4, 2018 - Creswell Celebration - a fun day for the family; an Old Fashion 4th of July Celebration: Parade - Breakfast - Booths - Music - and so much more.
Bohemia Gold Mining Museum
Located in the former Boots and Sandals Square Dance Barn (The Red Barn), just across from the Bohemia Park. The museum is a living and expanding memorial to all miners, and to the rich history of gold mining activities in the Bohemia Mining District. The museum’s collection of photographs, tools, ore samples, and other artifacts pays tribute to the area’s gold mining history. The museum is dedicated to the memory of Guy Leabo, a long-time area miner with a passion to preserve the history of the Bohemia Mining District.
Many of the artifacts in the museum were donated from
his personal collection.
Guy Leabo was the former owner of the mine at Crystal Basin. He was also a mining historian and a collector of antique mining tools and equipment. A life long resident of the area, he played a significant role in helping to preserve and promote the mining culture in Cottage Grove.