Bohemia Gold Mining Museum
Located in the former Boots and Sandals Square Dance Barn (The Red Barn), just across from the Bohemia Park. The museum is a living and expanding memorial to all miners, and to the rich history of gold mining activities in the Bohemia Mining District. The museum’s collection of photographs, tools, ore samples, and other artifacts pays tribute to the area’s gold mining history. The museum is dedicated to the memory
of Guy Leabo, a long-time area miner with a
passion to preserve the history of the Bohemia
Mining District. Many of the artifacts in the
museum were donated from his personal
REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS
Thursday, Friday: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 4:00pm
A Suggested Donation is $2.00 per guest. Your generous
donations are helping preserve our mining history.
AFTER HOURS: email: Bohemiagoldminingmuseum@gmail.com
Or the museum: 541-942-5022
If you are traveling through town and would like to see the museum during non-business hours, please contact Craig at: 541-517-3146. If he is available, he will be happy to open the museum for you.
Call us for a TOUR. We would love to show you the history of our mining history!
Please call: The museum at 541-942-5022. Leave a message. It may take a few days for us to get back to you. Or, call 541- 359-5704 and ask for Linda, our Tour Scheduler. Or email: Bohemiagoldminingmuseum@gmail.com
Guy Leabo was the former owner of the mine at Crystal Basin. He was also a mining historian and a collector of antique mining tools and equipment. A life long resident of the area, he played a significant role in helping to preserve and promote the mining culture in Cottage Grove.
You may want to visit other Museums and/or Historical Libraries located in Cottage Grove while you are visiting:
- Cottage Grove Genealogical Society located in a room in the Cottage Grove Community Center. Their phone number is 541.942.9570
- Cottage Grove Historical Society Library in the same building as us. They can be reached at 541.942.5022
- Cottage Grove Museum in Cottage Grove. Their phone number is 541.942.2369
- Oregon Aviation Historical Society. Please call 541.942.2567
- July, 6, 2019, Saturday: The BMOA (Bohemia Mine Owners Association) is having a caravan to see the history in the old Bohemia Mining District. It is an all day history lesson on the mountain at several of the old mining claims. Bring a sack lunch and enjoy the sites, history, and meeting new friends interested in the history of the Bohemia Mountain. Send an e-mail thru the web page bohemiamineownersassociation.web.com or call Carrolle at 541-726-5350 (leave a message and your call will be returned) for more information and reservations. They can only take a certain number of vehicles so space is limited. Come join the fun!
- September 7, 2019, Saturday: Send an e-mail thru the web page bohemiamineownersassociation.web.com or call Carrolle at 541-726-5350 (leave a message and your call will be returned) for more information and reservations. They can only take a certain number of vehicles so space is limited. Come join the fun!