The Bohemia Gold Mining Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the areas mining history.
It is supported by donations, and gift shop sales, and run by volunteers.
If you would like to help us with a donation, the following are ways that may help you make a decision:
- Check - Mail a check to Bohemia Gold Mining Museum, 308 S 10th, Cottage Grove, OR 97424
- A Qualified Charitable Distribution Through an IRA. If you are 70-1/2, You may be able to transfer up to $100,000 from your IRA to the museum without paying any federal income tax. Your gift can be made by notifying your IRA plan custodian and your tax consultant of your intent to make a current transfer to Bohemia Gold Mining Museum or any other charitable organization.
- Stock or Securities - Make a donation to Bohemia Gold Mining Museum of appreciated securities and you may receive an immediate tax deduction and savings on capital gains taxes. You can discuss this with your stock broker, financial adviser, and/or your tax consultant.
- A Gift in Memory or in Tribute - Remember or honor someone with a gift to Bohemia Gold Mining Museum. Mail a check to our office at the address indicated above. Be sure to indicate that this gift is In Honor of/In Memory of (person's name). Please also indicate whom Bohemia Gold Mining Museum should notify of your gift. (E.g. a family member of the deceased or the honored person's mailing address.) Contact Sara or Carrolle at the museum, 541-942-5022, if you have any questions. Leave a message and either will return your call.
- Be sure to discuss these suggestions with your stock broker, financial adviser, tax attorney and your tax consultant in order to make the best decision for your personal circumstance.