This page is dedicated to those who have donated a significant part of the their lives to promoting Cottage Grove's historic mining culture, and the Bohemia Gold Mining Museum.
January 4, 1932
March 27, 2003
Guy Leabo was the former owner of the mine at Crystal Basin. He was also a mining historian and a collector of antique mining tools and equipment. A life long resident of the area, he played a significant role in helping to preserve and promote the mining culture in Cottage Grove. A man of warmth and generosity who eagerly shared his knowledge of mining, geology, history and life. With quiet strength he became a stabilizing presence among the mine owners of the Bohemia Mining District.
June 9, 1921
December 11, 2007
He worked with his father in the Helena mine during his teen years, and became a
very knowledgeable Bohemia Mining District historian. He was also an accomplished artist, and some of his paintings of miners have been donated to the Bohemia Gold Mining Museum.
March 24, 1897
December 14, 1978
He was the former owner of the Vesuvius mine, and the founder of the Cottage Grove Prospectors and Golddiggers. He was also a mining historian, and his writings and documents comprise a significant part of the museums archives.
August 28, 1928
March 15, 2014
We are grateful to Ralph for his many hours of service to the Bohemia Gold Mining Museum as a board member and volunteer. He is appreciated for showing up faithfully to host on Thursdays, the Friday Art Walks, and gladly helping whenever asked. We will miss his kind, quiet, generous spirit.
Bud (LaSells) Stewart
January 31, 1938
August 19, 2016
Bud was a board member, supporter, and host at the Bohemia Gold Mining Museum. He was also the owner of the Vesuvius mine. He could always be depended upon to help at the museum, and enjoyed talking to the visitors about the Bohemia Mining District.